JOB DESCRIPTION – SERVICE AGENT
Responsible for cleaning and conducting security searches on designated aircraft according to Company, Client, and Regulatory policies, specifications and standards. In addition, responsible for meeting, greeting and transporting inbound wheelchair passengers. This position requires individual to be:
- physically capable of ascending and descending exterior stairway to aircraft (about 30 steps), while carrying provisioning supplies (average 25 lbs.);
- physically capable of walking through aircraft to assigned cleaning position;
- physically capable of bending and standing on their feet for a minimum of two hours at a time;
- physically capable of walking on the airport tarmac from aircraft to aircraft (about 100 yards between aircraft gates);
- physically capable of working under pressure of timed schedule (8-10 minutes minimum for quick turn-around aircraft) to complete the cleaning of an aircraft;
- physically capable of pushing passengers (of various weights – average 160 lbs.) on wheelchairs to either outbound gates or to and through inbound checkpoints such as immigration and customs, as well as baggage claim; and if required to loading and unloading curbside.
Responsible for cleaning and dusting aircraft interiors, with the use of cleaning chemicals including:
- Flight deck
- Cabin Area – (Windows, walls, floors)
- The correct safety card is placed in each seat-backs;
- Magazines, reading material and barf bags;
- Linens & headsets are properly provisioned.
Security Searches (if applicable)
- Conduct security searches (on aircraft) under passenger seats, tray tables, seatbacks and life vest pouches, if applicable;
- Ensure all areas of the aircraft are free of debris;
- Establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with passengers, co-workers, shift coordinators, supervisors, managers, etc.;
- Comply with all safety, security, compliance and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Client(s), and regulatory authorities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cabin Cleaners will also be assigned the tasks of meeting and greeting, as well as pushing passengers requiring special services such as wheelchairs.
This will require an understanding of customer service to create the best customer experience from start to finish.
In addition, this will require physical capability to push an average load of 160 pounds up inclines on the jet bridge and up ramps on the airport concourse.
Use and utilization of a tablet will be required while performing this task. The tablet will be utilized to receive assignments and communicate completion.
NOTE: Job duties and schedules may be modified at any time depending on the need of the Client(s).