*PLEASE ATTACH RESUME WHEN APPLYING*
Position Title: CATERING ASSISTANT
Reports To: Production Supervisors/Sous Chef/Executive Chef
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Catering Assistant is responsible for producing and dishing meals and meal components in accordance with specification of the company and the airline customer. The position is also responsible for assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including but not limited to the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen, the bakery and the tray set.
Specific duties include the following:
· Assist the cooks in production of airline meals, preparation of food items for the airport concession, and outside catering.
· Assist the cooks with chopping, grating, cutting, assembling or any other food preparation steps.
· Dish out airline goods according to menu specifications. Set up sample meals prior to dish out.
· Label and date left over food ensuring proper rotation.
· Performs inventory duties as directed.
· Follow production schedule established by supervisors.
· Keep work areas clean and in accordance with safety regulations, hygiene regulations (HACCP system), and meets all local and federal regulations.
· Responsible for learning proper use of kitchen equipment, including use of protective wear such as hairnets, sleeve protectors, etc.
· Assist in ordering, maintaining and controlling stock.
· Ensure hygiene standards laid down by the Company, Airline and the legislations are strictly followed.
· Performs other duties as may be required by the mission of the company.
This job description is not exhaustive of the job responsibilities, but merely a guide. The management according to the business requirements may add other tasks.
· Must be proficient in the use of English language (written and oral).
· Must have good communication skills.
· Must have good organizational skills.
· Must be able to make independent, well thought out decisions.
· Must be dependable and flexible.
· Must be able to work under pressure.
· Prior airline experience preferred.
· Basic working knowledge of all relevant machinery used in food production.
PREFERABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Graduation from High School or GED equivalent; and three (3) to six (6) months of experience in the fool preparation; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the preferable knowledge, abilities and skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee may regularly work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The employee is sometimes required to work in wet, humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.