Purpose and Objective of this position:
Responsible for assisting the Merchandising Manager in developing and managing the category/department strategy, vendor relations, private and exclusive product development, retail price management, and promotional planning and achievement of operational and corporate financial objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Category responsibilities may include:
- Beauty – Cosmetics and Fragrances
- Liquor, Wine, Tobacco
- Local Destinations – Food/Candy, Souvenirs, and Ready-to-Wear
- Boutiques – brand specific
- Fashion – brand specific
- Responsible for specific category/department product assortments using market trend analysis information as well as managing sales, margins, and mix.
- Develop and grow Guam-specific private label strategy to maximize profit margins and ROI.
- Consistently analyzes sales, margin, and product performance. Develop and initiate strategies that respond to developing trends and improve profitability.
- Work closely with the corporate team in Korea to ensure strategy alignment and appropriate execution.
- Consistently analyzes sales, margin, new product performance and initiates strategies to respond to developing trends and improve profitability.
- Responsible for the close and transfer of all purchase orders and communication of these actions to the appropriate managers, supervisors, and merchandisers.
- Negotiates improved terms while building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors.
- Preparation of invoices and packing lists for Amore Pacific shipments that are sold and shipped to customers in Korea.
- Update and communicate with Logistics on shipments pending for checking and/or tagging.
- Forward UPC’s of non-scanning merchandise for uploading in company system.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Category specific inventory management
- Mix management
- Category specific sales planning and forecasting, including Open-to-Buy
- Gross margin/gross margin dollar planning including seasonal clearance and exit strategy for non-performing brands
- Promotional planning
- Vendor relations
- Supply chain management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Partner with Sales and Support teams (Human Resources, Finance, Logistics, Inventory, and IT) and ensure compliance to company policies/procedures, including reports and requested information.
- Adhere to all policies/procedures in compliance with GIAA, airport police, and TSA rules and regulations.
Other Job Functions or Accountabilities:
- Sku database maintenance
- Merchant reports to analyze business trends
- Special projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of progressively responsible and directly related merchandising/buying experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
3-5 years merchandising experience, including direct experience in buying.
Computer, office equipment, MS Office programs, sku database system
Valid driver’s license.
- Display the highest levels of ethics and integrity.
- Actively promote the Lotte brand and strong professional image at all times.
- Ability to safely lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts and communicate across organizations at all levels.
- Energetic, team oriented, ability to multi-task, and composed under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to work with complex issues.
- Ability to work flexible hours/shifts, including weekends, nights and holidays. Able to work overtime hours when necessary.