Position Title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Reports To: Sous Chef / Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef
Supervises: Kitchen Helpers & Tray Setters
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising, organizing and assisting, if necessary, in the preparation of food items in accordance with company standards and airline specifications, as well as supervising, organizing and assisting, if necessary in the preparation of tray set items in accordance with airline specifications. The Production Supervisor keeps chillers and work areas in good sanitary condition; requisition food items and disposable items; stores and rotates food items properly.
Specific duties include the following:
· Supervises, coordinate and assist in the activities of the kitchen staff engaged in proper cleaning, weighing, mixing, cutting, marinating, baking, cooking in the preparation of all food items; and supervises and coordinates the tray setup according to menus and specifications.
· Ensure quality and consistency according to specifications and/or recipes.
· Taste and evaluate all items.
· Requisition all tray set food items and disposable airline equipment used in tray set area.
· Utilize left over food and ensure proper rotation, labeling, and dating of food.
· Requisition food according to menus and planned production.
· Supervise kitchen staff to ensure proper sanitizing of hand and equipment; following of safety rules and that the work areas are kept in a clean and safe condition.
· Supervise all ongoing production, dish out; ensure quantity is according to specifications; ensure proper chilling times according to flight schedules.
· Ensure proper chilling times of finished product according to flight schedules.
· Maintain proper staff levels; assign work to kitchen staff.
· Perform ongoing training of kitchen staff.
· Ensure that company rules and regulations are followed and enforced by proper counseling and disciplinary action.
· Supervisory responsibilities also include appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems.
· Carry out other related tasks as directed.
· Must be proficient in the use of English language (written and oral).
· Must have good communication skills.
· Must have good organizational skills.
· Must be able to make independent, well thought out decisions.
· Must be dependable and flexible.
· Must be able to work under pressure.
· Must have prior managerial experience in dealing with employees
· Must have good customer / human relations skills.
· Prior airline experience preferred.
· Must have good mathematical skills.
· Must have strong leadership abilities so as to be proficient in enforcing company policies and procedures.
· Basic working knowledge of all relevant machinery used in food production.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee may regularly work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The employee is sometimes required to work in wet, humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*PLEASE ATTACH RESUME*
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.