Nissan Motor Corp in Guam "Nissan Guam" was established over three decades ago in 1988, but we carried the flame of an automotive group that dates back even further, having set their roots here in 1958. Our well-versed staff has a wealth of experience serving the entire island of Guam with all of their automotive needs. We're like a family and always looking for more talented minds to bring into the fold. If you have a passion for the automotive industry and think you’d be a good fit for our team, we'd love to hear from you!
GENERAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The General Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle diagnosis, repair, replacement and maintenance work as assigned and/or outlined on repair order(s) in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her. Reputable automotive work experience and/or training a must. ASE certification is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be attentive and alert. Must maintain excellent attendance. Must be punctual and presentable on a daily basis.
- Receive repair orders from Service Advisor, Manager and/or Dealership Computer System.
- Perform diagnosis, repairs, replacement and maintenance on Nissan and non-Nissan vehicles.
- Responsible for professionally performing and completing work as outlined on repair order(s) with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards, and technician skill levels.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance services. (Oil & lube, brakes, tune-up, tire repair, minor diagnosis and repairs of electrical, engine & power train, and air conditioning systems, etc.) Diagnose cause of any malfunction, defect, complaint, condition and perform repair if authorized and/or approved.
- Perform warranty vehicle diagnosis, repairs, replacement of electrical, brakes engine & power train, and air conditioning systems, etc. Diagnose cause of any malfunction, defect, complaint, condition and perform repair if authorized and/or approved.
- Communicate with Parts Department to obtain required parts pertaining to each repair order(s). Communicate with Parts Department to accurately and promptly place Special Parts Orders (SPO) and Vehicle Off Road (VOR) orders for back-order parts.
- Prepare parts and labor estimates.
- Ensure all additional and/or recommended work (Customer, Warranty, Internal) is authorized and/or approved prior to performing work.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty and/or if parts are requested by the Customer, Service Advisor and Management.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advice Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, receive verification and approval of all customer, warranty and internal repairs. Promptly advice Service Advisor if any repairs that cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Document and code all work performed and/or recommended and promptly submit repair order(s) to Service Advisor and or Biller.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that customers’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands. Technician should sign out prior to proceeding on any test drives and or leaving Nissan’s premises during working hours. Proper documents should be present. Service manager’s approval is mandatory if additional personnel is required on test drive.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend Factory and/or Dealership-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of Factory Recalls and Technical Bulletins utilizing the Nissan ASIST Program and/or additional information provided and/or available.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean and professionally repaired and document any noticeable damages.
- Keep shop and stall area’s neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
High school diploma or the equivalent. Certification from GCC or ASE or equivalent experiences preferred. Minimum of two (2) years in the automotive field. Must have his/her own tools. General mechanical skills and dexterity. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills. Must be able to use good judgment. Presents a professional personal appearance and able to work and communicate well with the public and others. Must perform duties as a role model. Must be attentive and able to work under pressure. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
The General Service Technician will stand six to eight hours per shift, lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds several times during each shift. S/he will use hoist, test equipment, use hand and power tools as needed. S/he works both indoors and out, moving throughout the service department, dealership facility and lot for long periods throughout the day. Road testing of vehicles also may be required. S/he will crawl under cars and get in and out of cars to inspect work completed. S/he will bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lay down, reach, handle, feel and stretch: upward, downward forward and backward, for long periods throughout the day. Must be well coordinated physically and able to stand for long periods of time. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The General Service Technician will be required to wear a dealership uniform at all times.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested in applying for this position? Please see options below:
- Option 1 (EMAIL): Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- Option 2 (ONLINE): Complete our online employment application at www.nissanguam.com/employment-application
- Option 3 (IN-PERSON): Employment applications may be completed at our main office in 1012 N Marine Corps Drive, Upper Tumon, Monday to Saturday, 8AM– 4PM.
Nissan Guam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.