We are looking to hire several Permanent & Temporary Payroll, Tax, & Bookkeeping/ Accounting Assistant. Employees must obtain the following characteristics that are important to the company. Seeking qualified individuals or individuals with little or relevant experience who are Loyal, Reliable, Respectful, Friendly, Trustworthy, Efficient, Detail-Oriented, Reasonable, Helpful, Attention to detail, Thorough, Great Communication Skills with Manager, Associates, and Clients, Someone who can maintain Neatness, Cleanliness and Organization, An Excellent Team Player, can display Leadership Skills when needed, has Independent Work Abilities, and who can provide Professionalism through Actions and Attire at all times. Moreover, individual must be able to multi-task other duties and run errands with personal vehicle, when needed.
Responsibilities for Payroll Tasks
- Oversee employee paychecks
- Calculate net salaries considering deductions and withholdings
- Ensure payroll and tax documents are accurate
- Update general ledger and payroll files
- Prepare accounting files, records, and schedules
- Monitor paid and unpaid leaves
- Process overtime earnings or holiday deductions
- Resolve payroll problems (e.g. overlooked bank holidays, late payments, etc.)
- Answer employee questions concerning payroll
- Participate in payroll audits
- Ensure compliance with governmental laws on payroll accounting and taxes
Responsibilities for Tax Tasks
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensure you comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
Responsibilities for Accounting & Bookkeeping Tasks
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Provide Administrative Assistance
Many Assistants are in charge of running the office. They answer phones, greet customers, make appointments, file paperwork, perform data entry, scan documents and receive and sort mail, along with any other tasks that contribute to the function of the office.
Requirements for the Position
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer use
- Type forty (40) or more words per minute
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Tax, Payroll, and/or Accounting Software
- Certificate, Associates, or Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or relevant field
- Notary Public is a plus
Important Notes on applying, interview, & selection process:
1. NO IN-PERSON INQUIRIES, NO RESUME OR JOB APPLICATION DROP OFF, & NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED.
2. Please provide your resume or job application to the email address as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. To request for a job application or for any inquiries, kindly send your request by email to email@example.com
- If you are selected for an interview, a phone call will be made or firstname.lastname@example.org will send you an email to confirm date and time of interview. There will be two interviews. First interview will be a phone interview and second interview will be in person with manager and/or supervisor. If you are chosen for the job, you will be provided a job offer letter. Thank you for your interest.