ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Operates tractor/trailer, low boy, boom truck, cargo van, and a box truck in accordance with prescribed procedures to transport containers and/or cargo
- Observes safety practices and rules on the road
- Check gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions and conducts daily inspection of vehicles prior to the trip and after completion of duty
- Reports any equipment problems that may be occurring to the Manager Business Development and Special Projects and Mechanic Supervisor
- Makes minor repairs or adjustments such as fixing punctures, checking fluid levels and fueling; Report any exceptions, complaints, claims immediately to the Manager Business Development & Special Projects Manager and/or Dispatcher.
- Prepares and completes Invoice Container Receipt Ticket (ICRT) for containers delivered; verifies load against shipping papers
- Assists in the cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the warehouse and machinery and equipment; Maintains vehicle (inside and out) in a clean state and in operating condition
- Ensure quality service is in line with the company's policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Or three to six months related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Understand the Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations governing the maintenance of the equipment in which assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, shipping documents and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to determine an effective and efficient route to take when delivering containers
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Guam Driver's License with endorsements ABC and is compliant to the REAL ID ACT
- Valid Medical DOT Certificate
- Must possess a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and be able to obtain a DBIDS Credential Identification
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Understands & follows Guam Motor Vehicle Laws and Title 16 of Guam Code Annotated
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations i.e., safe driving, hours of service inspection and maintenance and transportation of hazardous materials
- Ability to drive for long periods of time
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written instructions
- Functional reading, writing and math skills
- Maintaining working relations with staff and public
- Recognizing and maintaining strict confidentially of work material
- Working independently in the absence of supervision
- Must be able to operate an order picker/forklift
- Must be able to perform frequent climbing up and down from the tractor
COMMENTS: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the Manager Business Development and Special Projects and / or dispatcher. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants can apply in person at 193 Rojas Street, Tamuning, Guam 96913 Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ambyth Shipping & Trading, Inc. has a “Zero Tolerance” Substance Abuse Workplace Policy in effect and requires the successful candidate to submit to a pre-employment Drug Test.
Ambyth Shipping & Trading, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran including disabled veterans or veterans with service-connected disabilities in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.