SUMMARY: The medium to heavy equipment mechanic performs skilled and semi-skilled work involved in the mechanical servicing, maintenance and repair of all vehicles and other equipment; to maintain records related to shop operations and to perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Performs skilled maintenance and repair work on gas and diesel-powered vehicles and other equipment to include automobiles, trucks, tractors, and box trucks.
- Inspects and diagnoses automotive and mechanic defects and determines corrective action required to repair such defects.
- Repairs gasoline and diesel engine transmissions, and differentials.
- Uses various types of welding equipment to repair and fabricate parts and equipment.
- Performs repairs and modifications on hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Issues parts and provides oversight and technical assistance to mechanics as needed.
- Utilizes computerized diagnostic and manual test methods in identifying service, replacement, and vehicle/equipment repair needs.
- Performs services and repair on various automotive and mechanical equipment, i.e., mufflers, water houses, starters, brakes, tires, points, plugs, radiators, cylinders, rotors.
- Completes and maintains vehicles and equipment service records, including time spent, materials used, and schedule of future work.
- Performs preventative maintenance according to assigned schedules, i.e., changing oil, filters, tires, transmissions fluids, and tune-ups.
- Coordinates and schedules safety inspections.
- Read and write at a level required for successful job performance; maintain accurate work records.
- Perform required mathematical computations with accuracy; communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; train other mechanics as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D; supplemented by a minimum of five (5) years of progressively skilled experience in a medium to heavy vehicle service and repair of all aspects of automotive vehicles and equipment; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- This position requires ASE Master automobile and ASE Mater medium/heavy Truck Technician; ASE refrigerant recovery and recycling certification.
- Possession of a valid Guam’s Commercial driver’s license.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional manuals.
- This position will involve the ability to exert very heavy physical effort in very heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of heavy objects and materials (up to 100 pounds) and occasionally heavier items (100 pounds or over).
COMMENTS: The purpose of this position it to maximize vehicle and equipment operation through efficient maintenance practices and extending the service life of each item. Employees in this classification service and repair automotive equipment, automotive vehicles, tractor-trailers, and various equipment.
Interested applicants can apply in person at 150 Pangelinan Blas Lane, Tamuning, Guam 96913 Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or send your resume to email@example.com.
Seafix, Incorporated has a “Zero Tolerance” Substance Abuse Workplace Policy in effect and requires the successful candidate to submit to a pre-employment Drug Test.
Seafix, Incorporated provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran including disabled veterans or veterans with service-connected disabilities in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.