Purpose and Objective of this position:
Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping and facility maintenance in order to maximize customer experience and ensure comfort and safety for all. Performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain standards of sanitation, facility and equipment maintenance according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform but not limited to the following: Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, and painting.
- Inspect, repair, replace, assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures.
- Fixture maintenance and/or repairs, to include authorized fabrication, electrical assessment and repair.
- Repair and install doors, cabinets, shelves, and locks.
- Repair walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all Company, Local and Federal guidelines.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Adhere to all policies/procedures in compliance with GIAA, airport police, and TSA rules and regulations.
Other Job Functions or Accountabilities:
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Ability to safely lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs occasionally, and/or up to 30lbs frequently and/or 10lbs constantly.
- Excellent grasp of safety guidelines for a variety of job contents.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education and/or Experience Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Technical and Vocational education and training. 2-3 years in commercial facilities maintenance related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully and safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
Equipment/Tools: Proficient use of power and hand tools.
License: Valid driver's license.
- Safety awareness.
- Familiar with and use of all hand tools, power tools and materials handling equipment.
- Ability to climb overhead structures, work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Fundamentals of electrical systems and equipment.