SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, Logistics and Trucking and or Warehouse Leader, the Warehouseman / General Laborer will accurately and efficiently devan and load containers, packs, receives, releases, stocks, picks, and distributes cargo(s) to and from the warehouse to its designated destinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Reads invoices and packing slips; unloads, inspects, opens, sorts, checks, tags and verifies cargoes from the container accurately and efficiently.
- Checks, inspect, tag and load cargoes into the container accurately and efficiently; Sorts, verifies, tags and places cargoes on racks, shelves, or in bins.
- Responsible for packing, labeling, securing on a pallet of outbound cargoes; Weighs and measure items prior to shipment.
- Conveys cargoes to the designated area of the warehouse; Marks cargoes for storage with identifying information.
- Arrange the delivery of cargoes to the appropriate designation and verifies and checks cargoes released or distributed.
- Assists in the preparation for the return of damaged, defective and obsolete shipments; Place outbound shipments on pallets and conveys orders to the packing station.
- Uses computer to enter records; Conducts weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual inventory of cargoes in storage.
- Assist driver to load and offload cargoes to and from designated areas.
- Assists in the cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the warehouse and the machinery and equipment; maintains vehicle (inside and out) in a clean state and in operating condition.
- Makes minor repairs or adjustments such as fixing punctures, checking fluid levels, and fueling; Report any exceptions, complaints, claims immediately to the Manager and or Warehouse Leader.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Ensure quality service is in line with the company’s policy.
- Perform other duties assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Guam Driver’s License
- Prior experience with a general delivery company is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA rules and regulations
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) and / or DBIDS Credential within sixty (60) days upon notification of requirement.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to operate an order picker/forklift.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to perform frequent pushing or pulling of the product with or without the aid of material handling equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMMENTS: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their Supervisor / Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AMBYTH Shipping & Trading, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.