Warehouse - Officer In Charge (OIC)
JWS REFRIGERATION & AIRCONDITIONING LTD
OFFICER IN CHARGE (OIC), Warehouse
The OIC is responsible for overseeing the daily warehouse operations along with facilities and fleet maintenance. Supervisory skills, proficient communication skills, and budgetary responsibilities are required. The Warehouse OIC reports to the General Manager.
- Planning, organizing, and controlling of warehouse overall operations.
- Coordinate timely delivery of goods including pre-delivery inspections, shipment loading & transferring and all materials handling.
- Assist Accounting section with the inspection of incoming stock.
- Enforce established standard operating procedures; keep written procedures readily available in a binder for easy reference.
- Identify cost saving and procedural improvement opportunities and report to General Manager.
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of warehouse.
- Oversee facility and grounds maintenance and upkeep for all locations.
- Oversee fleet maintenance, vehicle safety inspections, and vehicle registration renewals.
- Responsible for the physical security of the building, equipment, and stock.
- Manage maintenance of utilities, generator, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors.
- Schedule and assign tasks accordingly for warehouse operations staff.
- Monitor & control daily absence and overtime of warehouse operations staff.
- Train and monitor all warehouse staff in health & safety compliance in accordance with company procedure and practices and OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Conduct performance evaluations: develop capabilities of warehouse operations staff through training and create opportunities for promotion.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse.
- Stage outgoing shipments, negotiating rates with common carrier representatives.
- Specialty procurement and sales as required.
- With prior approval, handle sales of scrap and disposal of dead stock.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.