About Matsumotokiyoshi Group Co., LTD and MatsukiyoCocokara & Co.
The largest drugstore chain in Japan, established as Matsumoto Pharmacy in Chiba prefecture in 1932. On October 1, 2021, Matsumotokiyoshi Holdings Co., Ltd., and Cocokara Fine, Inc. integrated their operations creating a social and lifestyle infrastructure operation with over 3,400 domestic stores, based on the mutual belief that both companies would be the best partners to fulfill their shared goals.
Our mission is to extend our customers’ health wellness, longevity, and skin care beauty protection to improve and maintain a lifestyle fulfilment.
Objectives of this Position
- Develop strategic plan for optimized productivity.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes.
- Adhere to company standards for excellence and quality.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and operational skills.
- Implement store policies and procedures to ensure high levels of customer service satisfaction.
- Prepares and presents materials for meetings.
- Creates business strategies to attract new customers, increase store traffic, and improve store profitability.
- Applies for and obtains the necessary licenses, such as the wholesale license for product import purposes, and the retail license for store operations in Guam.
- May travel to other locations to assist with the setup of new stores.
- Sustains current market position and implements growth strategies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans.
- Administrative and financial duties include managing store budgets, updating financial records, approving appropriate vendor payments, and monitoring inventory levels.
- Identify areas needing cost reduction or process improvement.
- May act in the capacity as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) during the absence of the CEO.
- Assists the CEO in the preparation of reports.
- Assists the CEO in the execution of the business plan and annual budget.
- Analyzes and manages facility utilities usage and cost applying billing and accounting practices.
- Is involved in public relations promoting the store through the interaction as a member of the Guam Chamber of Commerce, and other organizations such as the Rotary Club, the Guam Hotel & Restaurant Association, the Guam Travel Association the Guam Women’s Club as well as engaging in the community’s outreach programs including fundraisers.
- Oversee day-to-day store operations, maintain store image, ensures merchandising of products is in accordance with the company’s standards and guidelines.
- Plans staffing needs to maximize customer service effectiveness while maintaining employee-work productivity.
- Respond to customer complaints and concerns in a professional manner that profits the store and pleases the customer.
- Anticipate client needs and develop solutions to meet those needs through the implementation of a Customer Feedback Survey to obtain comments about the store products, customer service expectations, and other general observations.
- Conduct market analysis in order to develop pricing strategies and make sure that store signage is in line with pricing strategies.
- Resolve any order-related issues, such as delays or damaged goods.
- Ensure compliance with local and federal health and safety regulations.
- Arrange in-store displays and promotional materials.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure the best deals for the company.
- Management of product and supplier master data.
- Responsible for the hiring of key and support personnel according to labor law procedures.
- Develop and implement New Employee Orientation Program.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training plans for new hires related to in-store and customer service policies.
- Actively participate in opening and closing employee briefing meetings.
- Hold periodic meetings to keep employees abreast of store or operational policy changes, including upcoming promotional programs, and re-training when necessary.
- Responsible for the new employees’ first 90 days on the job performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the employees’ semi-annual or annual employee performance reviews.
- Monitor employees’ customer service and provide on the spot positive or corrective comments. Keep dated notes on the same to use during the employee’s performance evaluations.
- Monitors and promotes employee-to-employee positive work relationships while guiding employees to exercise mature judgment in their job responsibilities.
- Build team relationships and lead toward common workplace goals, while ensuring delivery of excellent customer service.
- Encourage employees to provide comments related to the improvement of customer service.
- Resolve internal employee conflicts quickly and efficiently and to the mutual benefit of all involved while keeping in mind local and federal labor laws.
- Supports Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and fosters a work environment free of discrimination harassment, sexual harassment, and reprisal. Ensures all employees understand and adhere to this policy while employees are treated fairly and equitably.