CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
MRE is the leading solar energy company in the Micronesia Region. We help homeowners replace electricity they would otherwise purchase from the utility company with clean, attractively priced energy produced by our solar systems.
The Customer Service Representative position provides professional, quality, and "best in class" service for existing and prospective customers by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and philosophies of MRE. This position involves activities including but not limited to inbound and outbound phone calls, email, data entry, and social media.
This role is responsible for facilitating, analyzing, and resolving customer issues, providing product support and following up to resolve concerns in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Serves as a company ambassador by delivering a high level of professionalism and quality through the delivery of exceptional customer service and support by utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills and effective telephone techniques.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves customer's issues or concerns by providing solutions, recommendations, replacements, gathering of sensitive information, and/or detailed product information with a sense of urgency while using a positive and empathic approach at all times.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records with a high attention to detail to ensure accurate data is entered in our CRM and other technology as needed.
- Completes daily tasks within pre-established timelines by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects or cross functional teams with minimal direction from management.
- Meets all identified team and client performance metrics, goals and deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing, high performing team based environment. Provides back up support to other teams as needed.
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge.
- Builds relationships and works closely with customers, co-workers, and all levels of the organization in a positive manner to supply necessary updates and reporting as needed.
- Recommends improvements to management in service, product, procedures, and/or packaging to support operational excellence or to prevent future issues of a similar nature.
- Report any training needs or system error/discrepancies to supervisor.
- Complete other tasks as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, build relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate persons and follow up accordingly with the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private customer information in accordance to MRE policies and regulatory requirements.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drives results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must.
- 2-5 years of customer service experience.
- Desirable: finance background, customer care experience, familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
Roles additionally open for bi-lingual candidates.
- Friendly, fun, high-energy work culture
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Generous vacation program
- The opportunity to work for a company that’s disrupting an industry, and changing the world
- 401(k) Plan
Please submit your resume by using the APPLY FOR THIS JOB! link below.