Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations for Household Goods. The Director of Operations is responsible for managing, training and developing all household goods and warehouse production labor while delivering a high level of service to internal and external customers. This role should strive to maintain the highest standards in the facility and the profitability of the operating Household Goods’ division.
Director of Operations- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret and enforce company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards to all Operations employees.
- Train employees in the safety regulations applicable to his/her work team and evaluate employees for compliance to safety standards.
- Interpret tasks to employees and assign duties to the appropriate employees.
- Recommend measures to improve work methods, equipment performance, and quality of work and will suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency, accuracy, and profitability.
- Assist in the recruitment, development, and performance of staff.
- Ensure that practices, policies and procedures are enforced and consistently implemented.
- Maintain time and production records, initiate supply, material, and equipment requests, and prepare required reports for management.
- Conduct recurring meetings and training sessions designed to inform and improve upon performance of staff members and vendors
- Provide for the protection, maintenance, safety, security, and custody of company assets, assuring careful and diligent use thereof.
- Evaluate staff and Independent Contractors performance – expanding, modifying and/or abandoning strategies and/or tactics as necessary, based on conclusions reached.
- Oversee building safety and security measures are enforced, including OSHA compliance.
- Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships.
- Manage fleet maintenance and repairs to ensure D.O.T. compliance of all branch Assets.
- Recruit and sign new local contractors and maintain positive relationships with existing drivers.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, including certified labor standards and quality labor certification for all drivers.
- Assist in any other area of operations that may need assistance
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
Who We Are Looking For:
At Dewitt Guam, we look for innovative people with a positive attitude to join our growing team! If you meet the below requirements, we encourage you to apply and take the next step in furthering your career.
Director of Operations - Education and Experience
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required. Four (4) year college degree in Business, Supply Chain Logistics, or related field a plus. Minimum of three (3) years’ management experience in the household goods, moving, or related industry required. Valid state driver’s license required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled