Please visit our website to apply for this position at www.docomopacific.com/careers
We thrive on connecting people to the things that matter most by delivering unmatched customer experience, investing in our associates, and creating value for our shareholders. This is a fast-paced organization rooted in celebration, excellence, respect, trust, communication, and family. Working here requires an open mind, collaboration, and willingness to learn.
Segment Marketing Manager will be responsible for crafting segment marketing strategy and programs to develop grow customer base, market & value share and NPS of the segment. Accountable in delivering overall segment P&L targets.
The role will be responsible for a deep understanding of the segment through market intelligence, understand customer needs & preferences, competitive benchmarking and create an insight framework to translate these into a compelling marketing strategy & effective marketing campaign.
The role will lead a cross-functional team across departments to develop and deliver clear insights, brand positioning, a roadmap of propositions and marketing activities for the segment and its sub-segments. Closely collaborate and alignment programs with sales channels to ensure successful execution of the plan and achievement of targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible developing & executing segment business plan and delivering P&L targets
- Accountable in managing overall segment marketing costs and cost of goods sold
- Lead in developing and executing marketing programs to excite & engage the segment
- Development of value propositions and differentiation tactics for the segment
- Regular monitoring of segment performance and develop marketing programs to achieve or outperform targets
- Responsible for driving overall customer experience of the segment, from proposition offerings, service customer and sales channel
- Develop market/consumer insights, brand positioning, calendar of proposition launches and marketing activities for segment
- Responsible in engaging sales channel to successfully launch a campaign and achieve the target
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Strategy & Plans
- Develop segment marketing strategy & programs aligned with overall consumer business unit strategy and commercial objectives
- Build and best-in-class execution of segment plans and programs.
- Work closely with Product management unit to ensure customer needs & product preference are met
- Collaborate and align segment strategy with customer value management team to develop appropriate base management campaigns and to drive customer lifecycle management and retention strategies
Commercial planning & business performance monitoring
- Create budget plans for the segment in accordance with a company planning period
- Regularly review of segment business performance to ensure achievement of commercial objectives
- Develop recommendation and action points based on business performance
- Regularly conduct market & competitive scan to identify business opportunities for a segment and identify the potential risk that may impact the delivery of targets
Go to Market
- Define and execute the effective go-to-market program for segment proposition
- Lead cross-functional team for the execution of go-to-market segment plans to deliver targets
- Work closely with Brand team to support segment marketing campaigns in alignment with DPAC’s brand values
- Prepare high quality, integrated briefs on time for customer-facing campaigns and activities
- Validation of communication materials to ensure alignment with the proposition’s overall objectives
- Build business case for all marketing campaigns
- Post campaign monitoring ensuring commercial objectives are met and define action points to drive achieve of targets
- Nurture proposition to ensure customer experience objectives are delivered
- Ensure customer inflow and outflow volume and the mix is in line with overall strategy through designing and driving customer acquisition
- Engage with Sales teams to manage inflow value using all commercial levers (pricing, sales incentives, terminal pricing, communication, etc.)
- Design and execute customer acquisition campaigns to achieve acquisition objectives
- Collaborate with Customer Value Management for the creation of lifecycle management and retention strategies
- Work with Pricing team to develop appropriate pricing strategies, tactics, and propositions for segment
- Agree on device pricing recommendations to achieve commercial objectives while keeping acquisition and retention budget.
- Lead in align pricing proposal with sales channel
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail and strives for excellence.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Interpersonal Skills – We bring energy and passion to our work and always aim to be respectful and communicate openly with team members and other departments
- Written Communication – Able to read, write, and interpret written information while being reliable and transparent
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effective people and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently but understands when to seek support
- Strong hands-on experience Work Excel and Powerpoint
- Spirited personality
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Understand the role within the team but takes initiative
- Ability to work under pressure but maintain a calm and approachable demeanor
- Must be a self-motivated individual that is empowered to make decisions as required
- Must be fit with Docomo Pacific corporate culture
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or relevant BSC; with demonstrated experience is a must
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Basic Telecommunications product knowledge, business processes, SLA’s, KPI’s and business rules
- The ability to apply basic analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills to optimize marketing opportunities
- Basic knowledge in the market, data analysis, market research methods, and approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities with tight timelines from conception through execution
- Highly proficient in all MS Office applications – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work long hours as and when required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
- Ability to converse professionally and with empathy with an emphasis on owning and solving issues whilst building excellent rapport.
This position is a standard full-time role and during select times the individual will be asked to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to crouch, kneel, balance, bend/stoop, climb, push/pull objects and drive. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Docomo Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class