Position Title: DRIVER/LOADER
Reports To: Flight Line Supervisor / Sr. Shift Supervisor / Transportation Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Driver/Loader is responsible to provide transportation and aircraft loading services as required and directed. Coordinate with Flight Service Coordinator on the flight assembly prior to loading of aircraft food and service equipment on the trucks. Service flights are in accordance with the loading diagrams and instructions provided by the airline customers.
Specific duties include the following:
- Reports to Duty Controller to obtain flight arrangements, radios and vehicle keys.
- Meet flights on arrival to ensure the off-loading of all catering equipment and supplies and the replacement of all catering equipment and supplies as specified in the airline loading diagrams including being aware of promotional work from airline customers such as Resort Shuttle.
- Responsible for the receipt of all flight assembly from the Flight Service Coordinator and checklist verification.
- Responsible to ensure the equipment and supplies are properly secured in the vehicle prior to departure from the flight kitchen.
- Complete the proper uplifting of meals and maintain accurate records. Ensure
Airline catering requirements and equipment-loading plans are being observed.
- Check provisioning items with the cabin crew to verify that all food provided by LSG, including airline stocks, meet the exact standards as specified by the airline customer.
- Advise FLS when additional items are requested to be provisioned, including additional trips on the aircraft.
- Return completed checklists to the Assistant Operations Manager for filing with the loading advisory.
- Reports to flight assembler to receiver sign out meal carts, equipment, etc.
- Complete the Vehicle Inspection Report form prior to departure from the flight kitchen and report all malfunctions to the Dispatcher, Department Manager, and General Manager.
- Know how to use radios properly. Speak in audible tone and do not shout.
- Verify that the Foreign Garbage Handling Procedures are strictly adhered to and enforced.
- Know how to properly open aircraft doors after properly trained. Don’t raise bridge while door is open and do not open the door from the inside.
- Return all catering equipment and supplies to the appropriate department or areas as specified.
- Wash down truck bed after unloading equipment at the flight kitchen.
- Deliver bulk items to airport or any other catering items as directed.
- Know and abide by all policies and procedures relating to vehicle operations on and off ramp, rule of driving on the road, and all safety policies.
- Maintain a clean cab section to the vehicles.
- Report all incidents no matter how minor to the Dispatcher immediately. If an aircraft arrives later than scheduled, immediately notify the Dispatcher.
- If the loading of equipment is jammed or will not fit the airline specified area, notify the FLS and the airline maintenance personnel. Also, if loading is hindered
- Responsible for all loading in accordance with the airline customer specifications.
- Clean galley after loading.
- Be courteous to crewmembers.
This job description is not exhaustive of the job responsibilities, but merely a guide. The management according to the business requirements may add other tasks.
- Must be proficient in the use of English language (written and oral).
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to make independent, well thought out decisions.
- Must be dependable and flexible.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must possess a Chauffeurs license in order to drive a company vehicle and an AOA Drivers Badge.
- Prior airline experience preferred.
- Must receive training regarding all policies and procedures related to vehicle operations on and off ramp, and safety policies.
- Must receive training regarding the procedures for Foreign Garbage Handling.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with airline loading diagrams.
PREFERABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
One (1) year experience in the operation of moderate to heavy equipment (vehicle/truck ranging from 2-10 ton); or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provided the preferable knowledge, skills and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, knell, crouch or craw
The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus as well as identify color.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee may regularly work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The employee is sometimes required to work in wet, humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is often high.
LSG Sky Chef is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume by using the APPLY FOR THIS JOB! link provided below.