Assistant Restaurant Manager
Onward Mangilao Golf Club
1810 Route 15 Pagat
Based on Experience
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, is responsible for overseeing, coordination, executing the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve objectives in sales, cost, employee retention, guest service, and satisfaction , food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensures all guest feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Assist other staff members to complete opening, closing and prep list.
- Actively manage other staff members by working hands on in the servicing of customers, and overseeing the coordination of deliveries.
- Achieve company objective in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Controls cash, and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Administer training program and prepare schedule and handle inventory effectively.
- Monitor and manage guest complaints, ensure satisfaction and administer efficient follow up for same to receive feedback.
- Perform regular inspection of food and beverage preparation and presentation and maintain inventory to enhance sales.
- Manage workload and ensure effective working of restaurant activities and maintain excellent standards to meet operational expectations.
- Train and instruct employees to ensure smooth transition in company.
- Assist and provide training to staff members.
- Coordinate with Executive Chef for everyday operation and maintain financial and administrative records.
- Ensure compliance with prescribed standards and local state and federal laws in labor costs, and guest relations.
- Evaluate performance and recommend salary increase, incentives for all.
- Maintain schedules and reports for all employees.
- Assist employee teams to provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain proper sanitation, hygiene standards in restaurant floor and kitchen and maintain effective store presentation.
- Coordinate with team to meet sales target, ensure customer satisfaction and follow company procedures to increase productivity.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef/Restaurant Manager, oversees the direction of the restaurant Operations
- Other duties assigned by the Company Executives and/or the Executive Chef.
Essential Physical Requirements: Estimated percentage of daily physical requirements and/or number of pounds that may need to be lifted on the job.
- 50% to 100% -- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- 50% to 100% -- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
- 50% -- Verbally communicates with requests and phone callers
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Must be of legal age according to local regulations to serve alcohol.
- Special Skills or knowledge necessary for this position.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Basic computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items.
- Licenses, certifications or registrations required for the position:
- Possess applicable Manager’s health certificate, Alcohol compliance card, and Servsafe Certification.
- Work experience as a Restaurant Assistant Manager or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Familiarity with restaurant management software,
- Good math and reporting skills
- Excellent Customer service attitude
- Communication and team management abilities
- Availability to work within business hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
- High school diploma; 5-7 years experience and additional certification in hospitality is a plus.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.